New OPTIONS in Workshops for the
Clinical Rehabilitative Massage Specialty Program!
You now have more options for meeting the workshop requirement for the CRM!
We understand that there are a lot of excellent instructors out there who have not made the national scene yet. That’s ok. If you have found an instructor that you think meets the caliber of training that would fit this program, you are welcome to submit a request for that provider’s course to meet your workshop requirement. See below.
- Take 32 hands-on CEs (16 hours of upper body and 16 hours of lower body assessment and treatment)
- Send completion certificates to the Academy at firstname.lastname@example.org
These providers are nationally recognized with training programs that have historically shown a high caliber of training and content. These programs automatically meet our requirements. Contact our office for a list of these providers.
- Visit provider website for schedules, courses, and costs
New Providers/Criteria for Approval
Simply submit a request for a new provider & workshop to be approved!
- Academy will review the course and provider to make sure they meet the criteria for inclusion in the program prior to your taking the course.
- Additional documentation of course content and instructor qualifications may be required from the course provider for certain courses to qualify.
- Who might qualify? Someone who is known locally as being an expert in advanced massage therapy.
- A course that includes both assessment and treatment of musculoskeletal pain and injuries in content.
- Courses should focus on science-based and evidence-informed perspectives on treating pain and injury conditions.
- Providers must have adequate teaching qualifications.
- Please seek approval prior to taking a provider’s workshop who is not on the pre-approved list.
- National listings of AMTA, ABMP, Massage Today, Massage Magazine
- Local AMTA Chapters
- Note: courses taken at national or local conferences do not qualify, unless they are full pre or post conference workshops.
Please contact us to find out if a course qualifies if it is not a usual course or not provided by a recognized national provider that we have pre-approved.